Are you wondering what to wear with your white jeans, when to wear it, how to keep it clean, and how to accessorize it? In this guide, you will learn everything there is to know on how to rock this every-woman´s-must-have. The white jeans.
I tend to wear my white jeans more in winter. I´m not sure why, but probably because I want to reflect as much light on my outfit as possible. Of course white jeans are a warm weather essential, but I prefer shorts and skirts more when the sun is up.
That´s the reason why I´m able to dress up my white jeans often in cold seasons—from middle of fall to winter. I love wearing them with bright colors too. I like how the colors pop up against the white. Obviously, bright colored, printed and patterned pieces are my go-to separates to wear with my white jeans.
However, there are so many ways you can wear your white jeans.
Other than making sure that you don´t wear black, bright or patterned underwear under your white jeans, here are the important things to remember, and the many outfit ideas to inspire you, when deciding to wear a pair of white jeans.
1. What to Wear with White Jeans: Black
There´s not much to say about black and white, a trend which we fondly call “monochrome”, because we know that it always works. One thing to remember though, there are only three best options when it comes to your shoes—go for black to match your black top, go for white to match your white jeans, or go for nude shoes. Wearing bright shoes will break the seriousness of your monochrome.
Here are some black and white combinations you can create with white jeans.
- Outfit 1: A black lightweight top with high-low hem, white legging jeans, black strap stilettos, black sunglasses, and a black leather handbag.
- Outfit 2: A black blazer, a gray v-neck t-shirt, white tight jeans, black leather belt, black ankle boots, black aviator sunglasses, and a black structured shoulder bag.
- Outfit 3: A black button-down shirt, white stretch jeans, black leather knee-high boots, black sunglasses, and a black structured handbag.
- Outfit 4: A black quarter-sleeve top, white skinny jeans, nude pumps, and a nude handbag.
Although black and white is a safe combination, you may want to avoid it if you´re petite, pear-shaped, or overweight. Black will slim you down on top while white will expand you below. Try tip #2 instead.
2. What to Wear with White Jeans: White on White
Wearing a white top with your white jeans and layering it over with a white coat is the best style trick to apply if your goal is to look taller. It´s not only neat, it´s also seriously chic. But you don´t want to look like a doctor or a dermatologist who´s ready for her next shift, right? Therefore break the monotone with a striking, colored bag.
Here are four outfit combinations you can create with white on white jeans:
- Outfit 1: White topcoat, white shirt or top, white skinny jeans, black slim leather belt, black pointed-toe pumps, and a structured colored block bag.
- Outfit 2. White button-down shirt, white skinny jeans, metallic or sequined strappy heels, and a structure handbag.
- Outfit 3: White sweater layer on a long white shirt to t-shirt (untucked), white cuffed jeans, and white sneakers.
- Outfit 4: White button-down shirt, white stretch jeans, white leather belt with gold buckle, nude strap heels, and a colored shoulder bag.
3. What to Wear with White Jeans: Bright Colors
As I´ve said earlier, I prefer wearing bright colors with my white jeans. Check out the three fashionable looks I created with white jeans and you will see how I wore them with colors.
And because leopard print blends well with bright colors, finish up your outfit with a pair of leopard pumps or ankle boots. Try this combination then see how you glow.
Here are four ways you can add a pop of color to your white jeans combination.
- Outfit 1: A bright yellow blazer, a dotted top, white skinny jeans, nude peep-toe heels, a printed skinny belt such as a leopard print, and a gray handbag.
- Outfit 2: A bright v-neck sweater layered on a chambray shirt, white skinny jeans, slim leather belt, and leopard print ballet flats.
- Outfit 3: A cobalt blue military jacket with gold buttons, white fitted sweater, shite skinny jeans, and leopard print ankle or mid-calf boots.
- Outfit 4: A light pink top coat on a white on white combination, accented with gold.
4. What to Wear with White Jeans: Pastel Colors
If your goal is look whimsical without wearing a dress, then team up your white jeans with a pastel top, a pastel sweater, or a pastel coat. The result is feminine, soft and very put together. Go for some beige or nude shoes to extend the whimsy element down to your toes.
Here are four ways you can wear your white jeans with pastel colors:
- Outfit 1: A pastel blue sweater, white skinny jeans, nude pointed-toe stiletto heels, and a structured nude handbag.
- Outfit 2: A beige ruffled sleeveless top, skinny white jeans, peep-toe platfor sandals, some overized necklace or wrist band, and a structured gray handbag.
- Outfit 3: A mint boxy coat, a white top, some white jeans, nude pointed-toe pumps, and a tiny black strap bag.
- Outfit 4: A beige button-down shirt, skinny white jeans, nude pointed-toe pumps, and a beige messenger bag.
5. What to Wear with White Jeans: Nude or Beige
It´s another styling idea which is safe for petite, partnering white jeans with nude, light brown or brown. In creating this look, think of earthly hues. What nude colors of nature blend well? Any shades of nude will blend: they don´t need to match, they need to complement. Finish your look with a pair of nude shoes and you will surely extend your vertical length for at least a mile.
There are many shades of nude; but the best nude color for you depends on your skin tone. Find the best shade of nude for you that matches your skin color.
Here are four ways you can wear nude pieces with white jeans:
- Outfit 1: A nude trench coat, white top, white skinny jeans, pointe-toe zebra print pumps, and a matching nude bag.
- Outfit 2: A nude loose cardigan, white top, nude shwal, white skinny jeans, brown ankle boots, and a brown shoulder bag.
- Outfit 3: A white sweater layered under a nude poncho, white skinny jeans, dark brown knee-high boots, a monogram bag, and a leopard print scarf.
- Outfit 4: An ivory or a very light beige, light weight top, white skinny jeans, and gray ankle boots.
6. What to Wear with White Jeans: Shades of Gray
Similar to black and white, gray and white combination is equally classy although less strong. Decide if your aim is to dress up your white jeans with a sophisticated topper or dress them down with a gray top and light denim jacket. Whatever you decide, remember that your shoes choices are limited only to gray or black.
Here are four ways you can look super put-together in a pair of white jeans and gray colors:
- Outfit 1: A gray boyfriend jacket, white sweater, white skinny jeans, and black ankle boots.
- Outfit 2: A gray t-shirt, a denim jacket, white skinny jeans, gray ankle boots, and a shoulder bag.
- Outfit 3: A white tank top, a dark gray blazer, white legging jeans, and black strappy heels.
- Outfit 4: A gray long coat, a gray sweater top, a gray long scarf, white skinny jeans, black pumps, and a black shoulder bag.
7. How to wear white jeans in summer
Although there are many ways to wear white jeans in colder seasons, I believe that there is only one best way to wear white jeans in summer and that´s to wear it with light colors. Sure you can pair a black t-shirt and black shoes with your white jeans in summer if you feel like it, but the result is too heavy. However, if you go for white tops, pastel blouses, light blue t-shirts or even light gray, the result is so refreshing to the eye, almost whimsical.
Here are four ways you can wear your white jeans in summer with light colors:
- Outfit 1: A light blue and white striped fit-and-flare top, white skinny jeans, and nude wedges.
- Outfit 2: A white sleveless top, white skinny jeans, and nude paltform sandals.
- Outfit 3: A gingham wrap top, white skinny jeans, and ivory canvas wedge espadrilles.
- Outfit 4: A white blouse, white skinny jeans, nude strap heels, and a nude structured handbag.
Feel free to make the most of the straw bags in summer. They come in many shapes and styles, and the structured ones can even go with your summer work outfits.
What do you think of the white jeans? What colors and styles of separates do you wear with them? And how do you wear white jeans in summer?