The bow trend is back for summer 2020 and since I find this trend stylish and sophisticated, I have to make sure to cover this trend before the summer ends.
What we saw on the runway were huge bows but there´s no specific rule on how to wear it. That´s good news because it means you can be creative and versatile with your trendy bow. You can decide to wear it on your top, your skirt, your dress, or as a belt for your playsuit.
So let´s take a look at the many ways you can accent your outfit with a bow.
The Pussy Bow Blouse
1. A floral blouse with pussy bow. If you like classic styles, look for a blouse with soft florals, oversized sleeves, and a big, pussy bow collar. This blouse looks great when worn with other soft colors such as pastels or ivory white. Consider the fabric too. Since this top is silk, it will do well with satin or other sophisticated fabrics for your separates.
2. A Pink Satin Leaf Bow Blouse. This is another classic pussy bow blouse that has a roomy silhoutte. The only way to wear it without looking baggy is by partnering it with skinny jeans and high heels, preferably blocked heels.
3. Dark Blue Frill Flounce Bow Sleeve Top. Another fabulous way to wear the bow trend is by choosing a top with statement sleeves. So you can see that with this top, you wear the bows on the sleeves. Frills, ruffles and bow details are on the sleeves.
4. A Front Tie Bow Blouse. This is a very beautiful top with the trendy tie front. It´s especially great if you want to create an illusion of a waist. The bow cinches your waist, creating a flare around the hips.
5. A White Sleeveless Pussy Bow Blouse. If you´re a minimalist looking to incorporate trends to your wardrobe, this sleeveless white top with a scarf bow will be a fabulous addition.
- It´s In the Bow! Bow Details You Wouldn´t Want to Miss This Spring
6. A Shawl Collar Tunic Top. This is a nice, one-of-a-kind tunic top with a long bow that you can tie in many ways. First, you can either tie it in front, on the side, or on the back. Second, you can tie it as a bow or let it cascade like a ribbon.
7. An Embroidered Bow Blouse. It´s a minimalist white organza blouse but the drama are on the balloon sleeves and the bow on the side collar. Definitely wear it with white or black for a look that seems expensive.
8. A Ruffled Pussy Bow Blouse. Another way trendy way to wear bow is mixing it with ruffles. The bib-style ruffles with bow of this blush, long-sleeve-top is totally feminine and gorgeous.
9. An Animal Print Pussy Bow Blouse. And of course, an animal print bow blouse will never miss my list. So this top is very classy and it´s appropriate for the office when worn with some black trousers or black pencil skirt.
10. Polka Dot Puss Bow Blouse. Another favorite here on creativefashionglee.com is polka dot. So here´s a cute dotted top with bow. It has short sleeves so it´s going to be comfortable to wear in summer.
11. An Organza Blouse With Bow Detail. The bow details of this blouse are around the wrists. But because the top has a pair of dramatic balloon sleeves that are transparent, you ceertainly won´t miss the bows. So yeah, organza is the way to keep the drama high when it comes to the bow trend.
12. A Shimmet Top with Bow. For edgy women, opt for a shimmering, metallic top with bow. The bow will inject a good dose of femininity to the look.
13. A Frill Blouse with Front Bow. For sexy women, a frill cropped blouse with textured knot in front is a great option. This kind of top should only be worn with high waist, roomy pants for elegance. Don´t wear it with leggings or skinny jeans. Leave some things to the imagination.
The Bow Dress
14. A Bow Neck Pencil Dress. This is a very chic dress that you can wear to the office. But you can wear it to cocktail parties or any special events too! What I love about the dress is the comfort. Although it has a pencil skirt, the high slit in the back allows easy movement, and the kimono style top offers comfort.
15. An Of-the-Shoulder Bow Dress. It´s a trendy dress with sleeves that do that talking. So the dress has a simple silhouette, but the sleeves are full of drama. This is great because you don´t want planty of standout details in an outfit. You wanns do it one at a time. So if it´s about the sleeves, then let it be about the sleeves. Keep your accessory simple and minimal.
- Spring/Summer Trend Alert: Bow Scarf Accents
16. An Evening Dress with Bow. Here´s a stunning pencil skirt dress boosting a fabulous colorblock and accent bow on the side. It looks conservative in front but the deep V back collar keeps things stunning and sexy. Opt for this dress is you´re into classic sophistication.
17. A Satin Dress with Front Bow Tie. If you have fair skin, then this deep purple dress will really flatter your skintone. It has a wrap style, slit sleeves, and a bow tie that works as a belt.
The Bow Jumpsuit
18. Rust Satin Long Sleeve Wrap Jumpsuit. Stand tall in a rustic long-sleeves jumpsuit with wrap bodice, wide legs, and a long, big tie to cinch your waist.
19. A Wrap Front Jumpsuit with Bow. A velvet jumpsuit with cropped legs is also a good option specially in summer. It´s wrap-front style elongates your neck.
20. A Wrap Top with Bow. Here´s another rustic jumpsuit with kimono sleeves and a bow belt. It promises comfort and sophistication.
21. A Kimono Wrap Style Playsuit with Bow. A playsuit is also a great alternative, especially if it´s a one-of-a-kind. An overlapped v neck that finishes into a bow on the side is what makes this playsuit special.
22. A Cropped Jumpsuit with Bow. First, it´s about the color. A very gorgeous purple shade. But then as you look closer, you´ll realize that it isn´t just the color at all. You have the wrap-style top, the cropped legs, and the roomy silhouette that contributes to the effortless look of this trendy jumpsuit with bow as a belt.
23. A Metallic Jumpsuit with Bow. Instead of an evening dress, why not opt instead for a stunning jumpsuit with bow for an evening look? A pair of metallic strap high heels is all you need to polish the look. It´s a standout.
Now over to you. What do you think of the bow trend? How would you wear bows this season?