If there´s a book that has led me thoroughly in the expansion of my styling knowledge, it´s “The Pocket Stylist“. Through this book I understood by heart the importance of understanding my body type and buying only clothes and shoes that flatter my shape.
Just like the “Style Strategy“, the Pocket Stylist also adheres to the mantra “less is more“. It´s author Kendall Farr advises women to own fewer things of better quality and pieces that flatter her figure instead of owning an overstuffed closet which only brings chaos and stress. With that advice in mind, she´ll guide you step by step on how to clean up your closet and teach you how to fill your wardrobe with pieces that are meant to dress up your body type.
There are many things that you will learn through this book from identifying your own body type to having a list of what you can and cannot wear including how to shop. But overall, the book´s purpose can be broke down into two: 1) to teach you to use your current measurements in finding the clothes that fit you right, and 2) to hone your eyes for your best proportions.
“Women should worship the almighty unbroken line.” You´ll meet this principle many times in the book. Kendall Farr emphasizes the need to look for silhouettes and proportions that will create the longest possible body line which you can only do so if you´ve fully understood your body type.
Here are some of the other topics covered in the book:
- The style and cut of clothes that flatter ALL body types
- The style and cut of clothes that flatter EACH body type
- The type of shoes that flatter your height and size
- How to identify colors that flatter your skin tone
- Where to find the bridge line shops (shops that bridge between the higher priced designer collections and the next category known as better)
- Where and how to shop
- Specific tips for petites
- Tips on expressing your style through accessories
- Must-know beauty tips
- What goes under – tips for the perfect underwear
I very much recommend this book to all fashionistas who want to advance their knowledge in fashion and style. There´s no need to hire a personal stylist to look more than good. The stylist now comes handy which can go with you anytime you shop or dress up. Shop this book now!
“A trend is only relevant to you if it has a shape that fits and flatters your figure” ~ Kendall Farr