Whenever you hear someone talk about wearing leather, what comes to your mind first? Is it your leather moto jacket or your leather skinny pants? What if I´ll tell you that there are newer and more fun ways to wear leather than these two conforming, safe-within-the-box leather styling?
This season, try stepping out of your comfort zone, if just a bit. Experiment with your wardrobe by implementing these seven cute ways to work with leather.
Leather Track Pants
1) Leather Track Pant, $479.00 2) Current/Elliott Snap Jacket, $274.00 3) Tibi Carine Heel, $249.00 4) V Fitted Racer Tank, $42.00
Joggers are earning notoriety in this era, have you noticed? But while cotton joggers are comfortable and could be dressed up with sexy high heels, they´re yet to earn my respect. However, when I laid eyes on these bright and sleek leather track pants, I couldn´t stop myself but utter, “I´d like to have that!”
Electric Blue is really charming. This drawstring leather pant is made to complete your pair of colorblock ankle strap sandals.
Leather Mini Skirt
1) Leather Mini Skirt, $586.00 2) Iro Kata T Shirt, $171.00 3) joie Clayton Shoe, $335.00 4) Vintage CHANEL, $4,195.00
Leather mini skirt isn´t new, I agree! If noticed that black fit and flare leather skirt has become a uniform, then you´re probably thinking of distancing from it. After all, you want your style to be unique, right? This luxurious leather skirt from Mason with side splits and uneven hem in gorgeouls blush color is just perfect for you.
Gold Leather Jacket
1) Mademoiselle Leather Jacket, $379.00 2) Parker Perry Top, $69.00 3) Blank NYC Skinny Jean, $84.00 4) Vintage Hermès Birkin, 5) Iro Saldana Sandal, $688.00
Did you know that you can now wear leather with sequins? Yes, you heard me right. Wear this metallic embossed snake-print leather as a contrast to a pair of worn-out skinny jeans.
Camo Leather Short
1) Rag & Bone Leather Short, $249.00 2) Leather Biker Crop Jacket, 3) Bella Dahl Pocket T-Shirt, $79.00 4) joie Dalton Ankle Bootie, $325.00 5) Drawstring Handbag, $29.99
Camo print isn´t going anywhere, darlings. If you find head-to-toe leather overrated, then try these camo print leather shorts to wear with a bright leather jacket. Nobody´s gonna notice that you´re rocking all leather even if your boots and bag are of the same material.
Leather Skinny Jeans
1) Etienne Marcel Multi Zip Skinny, $209.00 2) Parker Justina Tank, $187.00 3) Iro Luiga Leather Jacket, $1,346.00 4) joie Lexington Shoe, $335.00
Black leather pants have become the norm. But since you don´t want your style to always conform with the norm, why not amp it up with a coveted sand white multi zip skinny leather pants? The look is totally cool! The key is wearing it with a bright top to let the texture of your pants shine out.
Leather Trimmed Dress
1) Mason By Michelle Mason Dress, $69.00 2) Tribe of Two Eve Clutch, $1,300.00 3) Iro Saldana Sandal, $688.00
For some people, myself included, a leather dress is just too much. You feel constricted and if you don´t do it right, you can even appear like trying too hard. I never owned a leather dress but I´m willing to go for a flattering, airy frock with leather accents whether it´s leather trim, leather edging, or leather side panels.
1) AIKO Lilibeth Sweater, $239.00 2) Olcay Gulsen Velvet Ankle Bootie, $399.00 3) Goldsign Stevie Destroyed Jean, $277.00
Are you excited to rock boyfriend jeans for spring? Try them out with a leather contrast sweater. Partnered with black pointed toe pumps, you´ll look put together even for a date.
Let me know what your think, girls. Which of these seven leather looks would you like to try?