Editor´s Note: This is a guest post submitted by Maria.
Gay Pride Parades came to be after the 1969 Stonewall riots in Manhattan. To this day, Gay Pride Parades continue to be a form of celebration and activism for LGBTQ rights, equality, and acceptance.
Every June of every year, the whole community join forces in celebrating diversity, freedom, and love. It’s a forever celebratory parade with fabulous outfits for days. The louder your gay pride outfit is, the better! Everyone is simply invited to come as they are. If you don’t have the time though and resources to create dramatic glittery rainbow attires with matching slogans, this post is for you! It will enlist stellar gay pride outfit staples that are equally fabulous and celebratory!
Table of Contents
1. Gay Pride Parade Outfit 101: The Hat
The hat is one of the most fabulous and important gay pride outfit staples. It can easily make you look extra fashionable and excellently protect you from the scorching sun. For a hat, you can simply choose the classic baseball cap. If you want to go extra, you can opt for a fabulous headpiece. If you want to save money, you can simply bedazzle and accessorize any hat you already have.
You can excellently make a statement with a hat. You can wear a pink one or of course, one with rainbows!
- Choose a hat with breathable material!
- A hat with a shade is better!
- Get creative with your hat and feel free to make a statement!
2. Gay Pride Parade Outfit 101: The T-Shirt
Shirts are fun options! If you’re running out of ideas when it comes to gay pride outfits, opting for a t-shirt will always have you fabulously covered! With t-shirts, you can go from simply chic to extremely extravagant! The options are simply endless.
If you want to stay longer under the sun though, it’s best to wear a white shirt. A black shirt is cool too, but you may feel extra hot as black shirts can absorb light but don’t bounce it back. If you want to stay and enjoy the parade for longer, a white shirt will be your best friend! They’re also the perfect statement pieces!
- Opt for a cotton shirt! It is lightweight and would get to absorb your sweat easily!
- Opt for a lightweight shirt that doesn’t feel heavy.
- The brighter colored your shirt is, the better. It will keep you feeling cool throughout the day!
3. Gay Pride Parade Outfit 101: The Pants
If you want to be on the safe side at all times during the parade, you should wear pants. As you will be in public, you should wear your trousers. If you want to enjoy yourself more though and feel more comfortable all day long, you could wear shorts!
If you want a more adventurous yet laid-back look, you can also wear rompers! Rompers are so fun and easy to wear. It’s extra cool too because you won’t need to bother about what shirt to wear.
- Refrain from wearing pants or shorts with thick material! Look for cotton and jeans as they are breathable and will allow you to have more fun in the parade!
- Be free to choose whatever design you want! Bedazzle and accessorize your pants if you have the time!
- Having one with pockets is a practical choice!
4. Gay Pride Parade Outfit 101: The Footwear
Your no. 1 priority should be ensuring that you have comfortable walking shoes for the parade. Going all out on a parade outfit and not considering your walking shoes will be a huge mistake. You would want to have fun and enjoyable memories from the parade, not blisters!
Since the weather may get tricky, it’s best to bring an extra pair of socks. You can wear sandals, too. But if you prefer to walk for miles, it’s best to wear trainers.
- Wear shoes with breathable material. Look for one that dries easily as well!
- Wear the right size to avoid blisters!
- Go all out in choosing shoes of your preferred style. You can opt for sandals, shoes, and trainers.
5. Gay Pride Parade Outfit 101: The Bag
If you’re a pride parade veteran, you know that having a bag is handy. People hand out condoms and flyers during the parade, so you’d easily find yourself walking around with numerous souvenirs in just a few hours. If you’re not comfortable walking around and celebrating with stuff in your hands, you should have a bag with you. It doesn’t need to be big though as a bum bag, tote bag, or drawstring bag will do. To make it more fun, choose one with a statement!
• Opt for a light bag! You wouldn’t want shoulder fatigue after a long day of celebration!
• Look for bags with more pockets to make it easier for your to stash giveaways! Bags with one big opening are not convenient.
6. Gay Pride Parade Outfit 101: The Accessories
Accessories take the center stage during gay pride parades! The most popular ones are sunglasses and hats! Accessories are so fun to play with as they will allow you to show people your unique style. As we’re talking of the pride parade here, you can pretty much wear the most dramatic accessories you have!
- Your most important accessory would be the pride flag! It would simply complete your outfit!