When winter was still on its strongest, I giddily spoke about maritime trend for spring, how to spin your favorite nautical print with 90s style. That post was heavily inspired by Balmain and Victoria Beckham. But I also love the idea of wearing nautical style vintage way, yet updated with modern elements. That´s where modcloth does its job quite well. Here are twelve nautical items that you´re definitely going to dote-on this season, from office to holiday.
1. Academia Ahoy Blazer, $67.99 – if you´re wondering how to pull a vintage dress to the office, the solution is as simple and as chic as this scholarly navy blue blazer. It will pull together anything, but I prefer layering it on a subtle dot or daisy print dress.
2. Pleat of Your Own Drummer Skirt, $49.99 – you must have noticed how much I adore trumpet skirt this season. It´s so flattering and utterly feminine. This blue stripe skirt with pleated flare works for work if worn with black, white and navy blue. But it will also do for a weekend party look if coupled with bright separates.
3. Every Opportunity Pants in Black, $49.99 – wide-legged silhouette featuring nautical stripes is definitely a go-to pant for work in summer. When all your fitted pants are too warm for the season, go for something airy and comfortable.
4. Byline Bliss Dress, $59.99 – I love how put-together this stripe frock looks and how it elongates the wearer´s vertical line.
5. Yacht Luncheon Dress, $67.99 – as its name suggests, wear this dress to luncheons or tea parties with your pals. It´s comfortably chic and simply tasteful.
6. Coach Tour Dress in Rouge, $49.99 – if you´re looking for a nautical dress that makes you look like you´re taking your style out of the box, this is it. How many magical red dresses have you seen that´s as smart as this nautical number? Not too many, I guess!
7. Pastry Picks Top, $29.99 – I love roomy tops for summer because they´re cozy and breezy when the weather is warm. This top is definitely a summer essential for me.
8. Beach Blanket Bingo One Piece in Red, $89.99 – I made sure I updated you early with this year´s swimsuit trends. But for girls who´d like to play it vintage at the beach, you´re going to love this red dotted one piece swimsuit. It flatters every shape and it boosts all the elements you need – lowcut legs, a halter neck, and flirty ruching across the front.
9. Hollywood Haute Sunglasses, $11.99 – add some Hollywood glamor to your spring and summer wardrobe with this stylish pair of shades.
10. Stripe it Lucky Skirt in Navy & Red, $44.99 – Worn with a white silk top and layered with black or navy cardigan, this A-line skirt makes for a gorgeously comfy office wear.
11. Style My Sunshine Hat, $29.99 – of course, your beach wear isn´t complete without a haute wide hat.
12. Here on Capitol Chill Heel in Fireworks, $114.99 – these sandals aren´t for work but they´d surely rejuvenate the stylish girl in you with its relax feel. Wear them to pool parties or laidback weekend parties.