Hello darlings! I´m very excited to announce the new contributors of Creative Fashion. They´re glamourous fashionistas, hard-working and very talented, young professionals and smart multi-taskers who juggle university, masters, apprenticeship, momhood, day job and fashion blogging and still manage to look great.
You will be hearing from them often from now on, bringing you useful fashion tips as well as tricks on styling for less with the mantra of fashion-meets-reality.
Please welcome, the creative fashionistas…
Fashion Blog: Chic Heroine
About Hannah: I live in Glendale, Arizona. I study English Lit and writing at Arizona State University, where I will graduate in December. I intern at Desert Living Today magazine, I am a member of the Arizona Costume Institute, and I work at a paper arts store called The Occasional Artist.
I love fashion but I am a writer first and foremost. I began Heroine Chic to give myself a place to create a portfolio of my writing for future employers, and now I blog as a creative outlet; it is a place where I get to write without rules and be free.
I have vintage-shopped since before I knew it was even called “vintage shopping, ” and though it is my favorite pastime, I also enjoy discovering new and unheard-of designers and sharing my finds with the world.
I am, consequently, a big supporter of the Phoenix fashion scene and of other small fashion industries globally. I am also a bargain shopper and I enjoy altering vintage or used shoes, jewelry and items of clothing and making brand new pieces out of them.
Update 14/3/2012: Unfortunately, Hannah cannot continue writing for us because she was hired as an exclusive writer for a Phoenix lifestyle publication. We wish her the best.
Fashion Blog: Dieting Fashions
About Helen: Hello Everyone! First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I´m Helen from Houston, TX. I´m a mom of 2 girls, ages 4 and 2. I have been blogging for almost 3 years now, but only about 6 months of fashion blogging.
Glee asked me to contribute to her Ask The Stylist column. I am super excited and honored. My fashion style tends to be casual career oriented. A lot of my daily outfits have to be comfortable, office appropriate, and versatile.
I love fashion and how an outfit can make me feel. I struggled with my weight after I had my 2nd child.
The feeling when I didn’t fit my clothes left me frustrated. I had all these beautiful clothes that I wanted to wear but it all just didn’t fit me. I started blogging about my dieting and exercising routine as a way to motivate myself.
When I started to feel more confident, I began to blog about my fashion desires. I believe being a fashionista changed my aura from being stressed and frustrated to becoming a more confident and stylish person.
I hope you can follow me on my fashion discovery. I hope too that Glee’s readers will like how I style different outfits. I will enjoy reading your comments.
Fashion Blog: J9 Style
About Janine: In today´s economic state, some women may find it hard to be stylish. Not only are we broke, but who has the time to create an outfit or redecorate a room? My philosophy on style is:
1. Every woman should know her own sense of style
2. It should be free
3. It is a way to express yourself
4. It is a way to live your life
5. It´s fun!
I don´t know about you, but my life is filled with deadlines, stressful work days, financial insecurities and the overall hustle and bustle of life.
What gets me through the day are the little touches of style I add to it. Whether it´s the perfect scarf I wore to sass up a typically humdrum outfit or the new workout playlist I created, these seemingly trivial accomplishments make me smile and change my perspective on the day. Speaking of perspective, there are a few things you should know about me before reading the rest of my new blog:
1. I am a firm believer that style and fashion really can be affordable. And not the “oh look, this entire outfit is only $300!” affordable like in the fashion magazines, but more like “this entire outfit cost me $30!” kind of affordable.
2. Anyone who knows me can describe me in many words, but the most popular one probably is: random. I like a lot of different things including trends, genres, facts and ideas. So if this blog seems inconsistent, it perfectly is. Randomness is a huge part of my own sense of personal style and it will be very evident.
3. I LOVE humor. I like to make a joke out of almost anything, even sad moments. I find the humor in almost every situation and like to exploit it. So if you?re sensitive or offended easily, I apologize in advance.
4. I like to make up my own words and use incorrect grammar. Why? Because this is my own blog, not a text book. If I want to use words like fabulous, or expressions like “coo coo for cocoa puffs” on here I will. I have many friends who are teachers and English majors and to them I?m sorry.
5. I really, really like to write lists. I don?t know why, but I write about 10 per week about random (of course) subjects. It?s probably a way that I organize my thoughts, and lets the type A personality of mine have control.
Anyway, you´ll see a A LOT of them on here.
Overall, J9 STYLE will help you find fun ways to add some sass and style to your everyday life, discover your own personal sense of style and have a few giggles. Hope you enjoy!
If these awesome “about me” lines didn´t impress you that much yet, stay tune for their articles to get to know more our contributors.