True to my name, Glee, I´m a happy person who´s happily married for over
four (eight!) years now.
I´m a globetrotter, I grew up a nomad. My family and I used to move from islands to islands around the archipelago of the Philippines and we couldn´t keep a decent address even for at least two years, we just always had to move.
When I was a kid, I credited my dad´s mining engineering career to our nomadic lifestyle. But when I thought I could keep my friends for long after he bade goodbye to mining to pursue a business, I was mistaken. We still kept moving until I graduated high school. So all in all, I attended a total of eight schools from my primary to high school education. It contributed to me being a third culture kid and well, being a regular center of bullying.
But it´s the same nomadic lifestyle which brought me to places outside my home country. I was 22 when I decided it´s time to venture abroad. I packed my best dresses and work outfits in a suitcase, bought a ticket to Bangkok, Thailand, all by myself, no relatives and friends to guide me, and sought a Maths teaching job.
Armed with my best credentials and a two-year teaching experience in a university in the Philippines (my Alma Matter), I landed a job as a high school Maths teacher and debate trainer in an international school in Bangkok where I stayed for six years. It was in that city of smile where I grew up into a woman, evolved my fashion sense, fell in and out of love for how many times, but found my second home.
And then cupid played a role, a Filipino-German swept me up my feet. After two years of long-distance dating and his four trips to Bangkok to visit me, we married in December 2010. We chose to have the wedding at our home country, the Philippines.
It was middle of 2011 when I resigned from my job in Bangkok so I could join my husband in Germany. Then was the birth of Creative Fashion and The Gleeful Fashionista Blogger. I became a full-time online entrepreneur.
Prior to my blogging career, I was a creative writing enthusiast. I maximized my free time writing poetry, short stories, world connected essays, and the first four chapters of my novel (which was left deserted after I learned to blog). As part of my New Year´s resolution however, I plan to continue my creative writing side by side my blogs.
Aside from my passion in helping women explore ways to be beautiful and stylish, I`m also passionate in helping single women find love. I`m a certified date coach. If you need help on love, visit me at gleedating.com.
If that didn´t overwhelm you yet, here are some other random facts about me.
1. I love pets; in particular, I love cats, dogs, bunnies, and horses.
2. I´m a Taurus girl, so go figure!
3. I´m a voracious reader, it started as early as when I was a little girl.
4. I can deliver well whether alone or in a group. Once in a group, I prefer to take the backseat and simply be a member; but if nobody is capable to lead, then I take the leadership role.
5. I was always in the hot seat both when I was in the university and when I was employed because of my bold approach, I spoke my mind regardless of who I was speaking to. That was especially true if I fought for my right. Thank God I was never fired!
6. I have a stylish mom, I got my love of fashion from her.
7. I have a stylish husband who is also tall, dark and handsome. His opinion on style amazes me and I always seek his advice. Simply put, he´s my style critic.
Update: I now have a stylish 2+ y.o. son who´s a clone of his dad. Inspired by him, I started a blog about kids fashion at Creative Fashion Kids.
8. I love spicy foods even before I moved to Bangkok. But the level of spiciness I could endure increased while living there (6 years in Bangkok).
Update: After 8 years of living in Germany, the level of spiciness I could endure decreased a ton. 🙁
9. I´m musical, I love to sing.
10. I´m a Christian. I believe in God. I believe in Jesus Christ. I keep the seventh day (Saturday) as the Sabbath.
11. Since October 2014, I wear adult (porcelain) dental braces. Give me three years and I will show you my improved gorgeous smile. (wink!)
Update: It took me 4.5 years but I now have a perfect smile. It skyrocketed my confidence. (Oh girl, it feels so good to write that. Shoutout to all the people who bullied me for my open bite in the past.)
12. If I have to choose between a fabulous dress and a great pair of shoes, I´d take the shoes. I live by Coco Chanel´s mantra, “Give a girl the right shoes and she will conquer the world.”
I don´t claim to be an all-knowing expert in fashion and style, but I´m a great observer and a fast learner. I´m also innately creative. I share what I learned about fashion coupled with my own insights on this blog.
I wish you a great day!